In an earlier post, I discussed QR Codes. I explained what they are and how they work. If you haven’t yet discovered QR Codes or are wondering how you might use them to market your restaurant, here are some ideas:
- Take-Out Menus: Print a QR Code on table tents, front door posters or anywhere it’s appropriate. Customers scan the code and are redirected to a digital version of your menu. A hotlink that enables them to call you is included for convenience.
- Recipes: Put a small QR Code on your menu next to different dishes. Smartphone users can then scan the code and be taken to the recipe. An alternative is where the user could be taken to a video of your chef preparing the dish.
- Coupons: Place QR Codes within your ads, direct mail pieces or anywhere you can imagine and link the code to a coupon.
- Facebook: Simply link the code to your Facebook Fan Page and get more followers! To entice them, offer a discount or coupon for clicking the ‘Like Us’ button.
- Nutritional Information: Place a QR Code on your menu or on a table tent that links to your nutritional information summary. You could also do individual codes for each menu item.
- Interviews: Link to a video of an interview with important characters within your company. This might be a CEO, Executive Chef, Chief Marketing Officer, or even the employee of the month!
- Specials: Does your restaurant frequently have specials? Link a code to a virtual ‘Daily Special’ chalk board!
- Restaurant Info: Link to basic information about your restaurant: address, phone number or perhaps even the restaurant’s history.
- Surveys: Put a QR Code on your receipts and get instant feedback on your customer’s dining experience.
I’m sure more great uses for QR Codes are out there. What ideas do you have? We’d love to hear them!
VP Sales and Marketing